Friday, January 25, 2008
Patriots Calling for Investigation of Holden and Juniper Park Civic Association
As the new year moves forward we hope that our elected officials, city agencies, the press and law enforcement open up an investigation into the Juniper Park Civic Association and the various alleged illegal activities perpetrated by the JPCA and Robert Holden.
Here is a laundry list of the suspected egregious and illegal activities:
· The Juniper Park Civic Association has violated their by-laws.
· Holden believes in term limits except for civic association presidents.
· There have been questions regarding the JPCA’s finances and disbursements of public money.
· The JPCA has been using civic funds to finance Holden’s Midville Dodgers of which a majority of players live outside of Queens.
· Holden uses civic funds to publish the Juniper Berry which has become a political attack publication.
· Robert Holden illegally converted his basement using the labor of a Department of Buildings employee.
· Holden refuses to let DOB Inspectors access to inspect the alleged illegal conversion.
· Robert Holden illegally uses students from New York Technical College to create the Juniper Berry.
· Holden is acting as a political consultant to help elect “friends” to public office.
· The Juniper Park Civic Association has condoned the use of a noose during a protest.
· Holden and the JPCA were adamantly opposed to 7-11, Arby’s and Walgreens until each decided to advertise in the Berry and provide Holden with some money.
· Executive Board members of the JPCA created an attack blog (Queens Crap) that has verbally assaulted Mayor Bloomberg, Congressman Joe Crowley, Congressman Anthony Weiner, Senator Serf Maltese, Assemblyman Andrew Hevesi, Assemblywoman Marge Markey, Councilman John Liu, Councilman James Oddo, Councilwoman Melinda Katz, Councilman Eric Gioia, Councilman Dennis Gallagher and Queens Borough President Helen Marshall.
· In addition, the blog has allowed derogatory comments about homosexuals and people of the Jewish faith to be published.
These are the alleged improprieties brought to our attention over the past few months. Civic associations are an important aspect of community involvement and they should conduct themselves in a lawful and honorable manner. Any civic association suspected of wrong doings should be investigated to ensure that they operating within the confines of the law.
We have sent this information to the following:
New York State Department, NY Attorney General’s Office, the Internal Revenue Service, elected officials from city, state and federal government and members of the press.
Posted by Patrick Henry at 11:55 AM