Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Alaska, The Last Frontier and Great Vacation Place


Each year I try to take a vacation that incorporates my passion for the outdoors and the majestic beauty of America. This year I decided to head to the great state of Alaska to fish and enjoy the great outdoors. I was amazed at the beauty and the diverse landscapes that make up the state’s topography. It is one of the few places that you can view snowcapped mountains while walking through plush green pastures. The wildlife is amazing and abundant giving visitors a true sense of rugged exploration.

I enjoyed world class Alaska fishing for salmon, trout, and halibut coupled with the finest lodging on the Kenai River. The fishing action was incredible. I caught so many fish that I lost count. In addition, the people were extremely pleasant and the hospitality was beyond reproach.

The lodge was located in the heart of the beautiful Kenai Peninsula near Soldotna about three hours south of Anchorage. After being exhausted from all that fishing, I enjoyed a wide variety of other activities including glacier tours, kayaking, flightseeing, and horseback riding through the mountains. If you haven’t had a chance to visit Alaska, the Patriots strongly recommend that you consider vacationing in our 49th state.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Alaska is a beautiful place. I had the opportunity to view the sites while on an Alaskan cruise. I would definitely go back.

MJ said...

Welcome back. Never been to Alaska but I watch national geographic all the time

Unknown said...

hmmmmm....maybe a second honeymoon is in order

Anonymous said...

I shot a moose in Alaska back in 57', we've been married now for 50 years

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info...I love to fish, drink beer and rub noses with eskimo women...ooops Inuit women for the politically correct

Unknown said...

I was stationed at Ft Wainright in Alaska many many years ago and was in awe at its beauty