Unfortunately, Republican Mitt Romney suspended his campaign last week leaving true conservatives feeling abandoned and forcing us to support Sen. John McCain. There is no doubt that McCain is a great American and a dedicated public servant, however, he has failed to faithfully represent the republican ideology. Many times he has reached across the aisle abyss to sell his conservative soul to the liberal left causing great concern for true conservatives. I hope that McCain can unite the party by returning to the conservative values that make the Republican Party the true ‘grand ol’ party”.
What are true conservative values you may ask?
- Conservatives believe that the people, not the government, should make decisions for themselves.
- Conservatives believe that the people are fully capable of self-determination and creating their own plan to realize their individual goals and dreams.
- Conservatives believe that a sense of entitlement comes from hard work and perseverance and not from government hand-outs.
- Conservatives trust that parents know what is best for their children and are the true experts when it comes to the educational choices for their children.
- Conservatives believe in the preservation and protection of the traditional family.
- Conservatives admire the entrepreneurial spirit of Americans and feel that every effort should be made to lift any obstacle that would attempt to stifle that spirit.
- Conservatives believe that the worker retain their hard earned dollars instead of being robbed by wasteful and bloated government bureaucracies that squander the financial dreams of working Americans.
- Conservatives believe in the expansion of our Armed Forces and strengthening our national defense to ensure our safety and to protect or freedoms.
- Conservatives believe that
is the greatest country in the history of the world. America
Here are some excerpts from his speech:
· As I said to you last year, conservative principles are needed now more than ever. We face a new generation of challenges, challenges which threaten our prosperity, our security and our future.
· The values and beliefs of the free American people are the source of our nation’s strength and they always will be!
· Dependency is death to initiative, risk-taking and opportunity.
· Dependency is a culture-killing drug—we have got to fight it like the poison it is!
· The attack on faith and religion is no less relentless. And tolerance for pornography—even celebration of it—and sexual promiscuity, combined with the twisted incentives of government welfare programs have led to today’s grim realities.
· A nation built on the principles of the founding fathers cannot long stand when its children are raised without fathers in the home. The development of a child is enhanced by having a mother and father. Such a family is the ideal for the future of the child and for the strength of a nation.
· Our prosperity and security also depend on finally acting to become energy secure.
· Depress the private sector and you depress the well-being of Americans.
· And finally, let’s consider the greatest challenge facing
· To battle this threat, we have sent the most courageous and brave soldiers in the world. But their numbers have been depleted by the
In the immortal words of President Ronald Reagan: “If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals -- if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.”